Sunday, June 02, 2002

Evening folks!
Well, it appears that Jeeem has his next adventure planned: he's going to South Africa to meet Eve. Jim just got back from China last month...I'm not sure when the South Africa trip is planned. His archives links aren't working right now, so I'll just point you to his current page. He has a great restaurant review he and Louie ate at the same restaurant but in different towns???, the latest gossip from his burg, his lost tomato story, and of course...all about Eve! Check her blog out too!

Jeeem likes to style himself as a "rogue". He told the story of sending a fellow scout to the hospital. Well, Mr. Jeeem, even we upstanding uptight girl scout types have been known to send folks to the hospital. Yep, it is true. I was seven that summer. We were staying at Grandma's farm because Grandpa had died the previous year. A hay wagon was parked in the side year, and some of the neighbor kids and I were jumping off it. Well, I got silly and got in the way of one of the boys as he went to jump...and smack...down he went. They I don't remember who, I was only seven carted him off to the hospital, while I was sure that I had killed him, because, you see, I knew I had killed my Grandpa. mmmhmm, I was sure of it, because the week before he died I had dropped a yardstick down the grate which of course I wasn't supposed to be playing with and I dreamed that he died going to rescue the yardstick and I never did see him again, because he did die but not because of the yardstick (which was sitting by the back porch for the next dozen years) and I was only a kid so how could I know I hadn't really killed him? *oops, take a breath, Shirl* Anyway, I didn't kill the kid either, thank goodness. To this day I can remember sitting on Grandma's lap as she talked on the phone and hearing that he only had a broken arm. Talk about relief.

So anyhoo, Mr. Jeeem rogue guy...beware of stuffy stiff Girl Scouts when jumping off hay wagons.